Online Gwich’in Language Resources
There are many Gwich’in language resources available online and a part of each lesson will be to explore what is available. Here are a few more places to look for resources:
- UAF Alaska Native Language Center – classes, workshops, events
- Gwich’in Caribou Anatomy – learning Gwich’in through tradition
- Gwich’in Language on Vimeo
- Gwich’in Language – Facebook Group (public)
- Gwich’in Language Revival (Speak Gwich’in to Me) – Facebook Group (public) – this is a great place to practice your Gwich’in writing knowledge and meet other Gwich’in speakers!
- Western Gwich’in Topical Dictionary – Alaska Native Language Center and Summer Institute of Linguistics
- Canadian Gwich’in Dictionary. Note: Teetl’it Gwich’in and Gwichyah Gwich’in have different spelling conventions and are somewhat different than the Alaskan dialects but many of the words are very similar or the same.
Gwich’in Tribe & Culture
- CATG – Council of Athabascan Tribal Governments
- Tanana Chiefs Conference
- Doyon Limited
- Gwichyaa Zhee Gwich’in Tribal Government
- Alaska Native Knowledge Network – resources for exchanging information